Tuesday, November 20, 2012
100 of The Dumbest Right-Wing Quotes of All Time
Faithful readers of this site are familiar with the fact that Conservatives are not as intelligent as Liberals, but our examination of the scientific studies and tests has stressed the stupidity of the Conservative followers.
The sheeplets' stupidity is without debate -->http://www.criminalizeconservatism.com/search/label/conservatives_are_stupid -- but little has been said about the intellectually challenged leadership, possibly because they aren't stupid enough to participate in any testing to prove that they aren't quite as bright as their peers on the left side of the aisle.
But now, samuel_warde.com over at Liberals Unite has collected "100 of The Dumbest Right-Wing Quotes of All Time," and here are the first 20:
1. “…the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more.” ~ Michele Bachmann, Speaking to Iowans For Tax Relief about the framers of the Constitution. January, 2011
2. “A poet once said, ‘life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it’s never easy when there’s so much on the line.”’ ~ GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain, quoting lyrics from the theme song to ‘Pokemon: The Movie 2000.’ The ”poet” who wrote those lyrics was disco queen Donna Summer.
3. “Add one little bit on the end… Think of ‘potato’, how’s it spelled? You’re right phonetically, but what else…? There ya’ go… all right!” ~ Dan Quayle
4. “AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.” ~Jerry Falwell
5. “American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains.” ~ Christine O’Donnell
6. “As yesterday’s positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured.” ~ George W. Bush
7. “Because I do not wear high heels. She has questioned my manhood, and I think it’s fair to respond. I have cowboy boots, they have real bullshit on them. And that’s Weld County bullshit, not Washington, D.C., bullshit.” ~ Tea Party candidate Ken Buck, after being asked why people should vote for him for the Colorado GOP Senate nomination. Buck was referring to an ad run by his opponent, which decried third-party spending on behalf of his campaign and urged Buck to ”be man enough” to run the ads himself, July 21, 2010.
8. “Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.” ~ Rep. Michelle Bachmann
9. “Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People’s pockets. Human beings, my friend.” ~ GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney
10. “Do you have blacks, too?” ~ George W. Bush
11. “Do you know, where does this phrase ‘separation of church and state’ come from? It was not in Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptists. … The exact phrase ‘separation of Church and State’ came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth, that’s where it comes from. So the next time your liberal friends talk about the separation of Church and State, ask them why they’re Nazis.” ~ Glen Urquhart, the Tea Party-backed Republican nominee for the Delaware House seat held by Rep. Mike Castle, April 2010
12. “Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.” ~ Rush Limbaugh
13. “Facts are stupid things.” ~ Ronald Reagan
14. “Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.” ~ George W. Bush
15. “Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.” ~ Rush Limbaugh
16. “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you.” ~ Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-North Carolina)
17. “For seven and a half years I’ve worked alongside President Reagan. We’ve had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We’ve had some sex…uh…setbacks.” ~ George H.W. Bush
18. “From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented.” ~ Texas Gov. Rick Perry, on the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, in 2010
19. “Gay marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I AM NOT UNDERSTATING THAT.” ~ Michelle Bachmann
20. “Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant — they’re quite clear — that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the Ten Commandments.” ~ Sarah Palin
If it wasn't for the underlying viciousness of the average Conservative leader, and their bloody and treasonous history, these examples of Conservative stupidity might be laughable. From Reagan to Bush to Bush to the remainder of the leadership, these quotations remain a monument to the stupidity of the average Conservative leader - and a mark of shame to those who actually voted for them.
Tell me, Mr. Bones, Who is the president of Ubeki-beke-beki-beki-stan-stan? (49. “I’m ready for the ‘gotcha’ questions and they’re already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I’m going to say, you know, I don’t know. Do you know?” ~ Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain.)
Want some more? Here are quotes 40-60:
40. “I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” ~ George W. Bush
41. “I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.” ~ Dan Quayle
42. “I love California; I practically grew up in Phoenix.” ~ Dan Quayle
43. “I love this state. The trees are the right height.” ~ Mitt Romney, campaigning in Michigan (February 2012)
44. “I think I was unprepared for war.” ~ George W. Bush
45. “I think that two wrongs don’t make a right. And I have been in the situation of counseling young girls, not 13 but 15, who have had very at risk, difficult pregnancies. And my counsel was to look for some alternatives, which they did. And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade.” ~ Sharron Angle, explaining why she is against abortion even in cases of rape or incest, July 8, 2010
46. “I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.” ~ Dan Quayle
47. “I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.” ~ Donald Rumsfeld
48. “I’m not a witch…I’m you.” ~ Christine O’Donnell
49. “I’m ready for the ‘gotcha’ questions and they’re already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I’m going to say, you know, I don’t know. Do you know?” ~ Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain
50. “If this were a dictatorship, it’d be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I’m the dictator.” ~ George W. Bush
51. “If we took away the minimum wage-if conceivably it was gone-we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.” ~ Michele Bachmann
52. “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.” ~ Ann Coulter
53. “I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.” ~ George W. Bush
54. “Isn’t that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?” ~ Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), on congressional efforts to pass a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage (July 2004)
55. “It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE ABSTINENT ALONE. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery, so you can’t masturbate without lust.” ~ Christine O’Donnell
56. “It may be a blessing in disguise. … Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it’s a deal. Ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other.” ~ Pat Robertson
57. “It’s not unusual in political rallies, it’s not unusual in parades, to see that type of thing.” ~ Joe Miller on guns at his rallies
58. “My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.” ~ South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, arguing against government food assistance for poor residents.
59. “One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is ‘to be prepared.’” ~ Dan Quayle
60. “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” ~ George W. Bush
And here are the last 20 quotes, be sure to go to http://samuel-warde.com/2012/07/100-of-the-dumbest-right-wing-quotes-of-all-time/ to read the other 80 quotes.
80. “They [Republicans] say, ‘You’re too conservative.’ Was Thomas Jefferson too conservative? I’m tired of some people calling me wacky.” ~ Nevada GOP Senate nominee and Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, March 21, 2010
81. “This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.” ~ George W. Bush
82. “Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across this country.” ~ George W. Bush
83. “Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.” ~ Ronald Reagan
84. “We had the 60s sexual revolution, and now people are dying of AIDS.” ~ Christine O’Donnell, Politically Incorrect. August 1998
85. “We have a lot of work to do. It’s a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border.” ~ John McCain (the countries share no common border)
86. “We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.” ~ Ann Coulter
87. “We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.” ~ Ann Coulter
88. “We need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets.” ~ Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele.
89. “We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.” ~ President George W. Bush
90. “We took the Bible and prayer out of public schools. Now we’re having weekly shootings. We had the 60s sexual revolution, and now people are dying of AIDS.” ~ Christine O’Donnell, Politically Incorrect. August 1998
91. “We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn’t that ironic?” ~ Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada’s single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010
92. “Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts.” ~ Dan Quayle
93. “Well, I learned a lot….I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You’d be surprised. They’re all individual countries” ~ Ronald Reagan
94. “What I don’t know is what the unexpected might be.” ~ John McCain
95. “What I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That’s the kind of spirit that I have, too.” ~ GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer.
96. “What people recognize is that there’s a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward.” ~ GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann (R-MN), apparently unaware that the Soviet Union collapsed more than two decades ago (August 2011)
97. “When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” ~ Glenn Beck
98. “When the President does it, that means that it’s not illegal.” ~ Richard M. Nixon
99. “You know what, evolution is a myth….Why aren’t monkeys still evolving into humans?” ~ Christine O’Donnell
100. “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.” ~ George W. Bush
Even Reagan, the so-called Great Communicator, wasn't the brightest pencil in the box ("93. “Well, I learned a lot….I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You’d be surprised. They’re all individual countries” ~ Ronald Reagan"), but the fact that this stupid, mean old man was actually elected to the White House - twice - is enough to make one understand why education is critical for the success of democracy. It's not for nothing that the Conservatives want us to "dumb down" our children, for the lack of education insures the Conservatives' continued success at the ballot box.
"Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity."
Samuel George "Sammy" Davis Jr. (American entertainer, dancer, musician, singer,
television and film star, Broadway and nightclub performer, also known for his
impersonations of actors and other celebrities and cover version of Mr. Bojangels and The
Candy Man among other hits. December, 1925 – May, 1990